Call us crazy but for the 3rd week in a row, we see no change in our top six rankings. It’s not that nobody has impressed, but these guys just haven’t lost and have no reason to fall in the polls.
It was a relatively quiet week for the MCLA. The biggest matchup was Michigan State knocking off Davenport. We saw a nice jump in the polls by Liberty for their overall body of work, while Oregon fell out of the rankings following their losses to Utah and BYU.
Several teams are back in action following spring break, others are embarking on their journey to Cancun. One thing’s for sure, next week the polls will look quite different following the result of the GCU vs. Colorado game and all the action taking place at the Battle by the Beach in Delaware.
- Utah – The Utes defeated Oregon 15-6 and Washington 18-8 to move to 8-0 on the year. A couple weeks off from MCLA play for the boys from Salt Lake City before they scrimmage former MCLA and now NCAA DII program Westminster on March 30th.
- Grand Canyon– The Lopes knocked off Sonoma State handily by the score of 13-4. GCU heads to Colorado this week to take on Colorado State and Colorado. If GCU takes care of business vs. CSU, we’ll have a great Top 5 matchup this Saturday!
- Michigan State– Sparty impressed in their 7-goal win over Davenport. Two big games ahead this weekend with Liberty and VaTech in the MCLA event Battle at the Beach in Delaware.
- Chapman– The Panthers had a statement win last Friday against San Diego State. 16-0 win over the same team that played Grand Canyon to a 10-7 game. Sheesh.
- Colorado– Buffs squeaked out an overtime win over Arizona State. This was honestly a tough loss for ASU, but for Colorado, it’s another win on the resume.
- South Carolina– Sprang Break 4ever. The ‘Cocks take on NC State in an SELC Divisional game. Can’t overlook the Wolfpack but South Carolina should win this game handily.
- BYU– The Cougs got a quality win at a strong Oregon team. They followed it up with a 14-5 win at home against Washington. BYU travels to Boise State this weekend.
- Concordia Irvine– CUI took down UNH 14-10 during the Wildcat’s west coast trip. A quality win over a team that certainly turned some heads this past week.
- Virginia Tech– Hokies are back in action this week against WVU and then head to Delaware to take on Northeastern and Michigan State. Both games should be absolute dandies!
- Boston College– Eagles are in the midst of hibernation.
- Davenport– The Panthers fall in the rankings this week following their loss to Michigan State. Davenport will look to bounce back against Western Michigan and MCLA DII power Dayton this week.
- Florida State– The ‘Noles we’re off for a week following their trip to Texas. Good time to rest up (#SB2K18) before they take on SELC Divisional opponent Auburn.
- Georgia Tech– In the battle for Atlanta, GaTech took down MCLA DII team Kennesaw State by the score of 16-10. The Yellow Jackets are off this week, building up to their home game against Northeastern next weekend.
- Liberty – Flames make a big jump up in the polls this week. Not because of their dismantling of NC State, but mainly because of the overall quality of their wins and losses. The Christian boys take on UCONN and Michigan State this weekend in Delaware. Both games should be classics.
- New Hampshire – Wildcats in the air! UNH went out west for SB2K18 and returned to the tax-free state with two statement wins over UCSB and Cal Poly. Boy does the PCLL appear to be a dogfight this year.
- Northeastern– The Huskies finally play games this week! Tuesday against MCLA DII team Bridgewater State, and this weekend at the beach in Delaware against Pitt and VaTech. Two big games for a team looking to prove their worthy of the preseason hype.
- Simon Fraser– The Clan traveled to Corvallis and knocked off a quality Oregon State team 14-10. Big week of preparation for the boys up north as they take on BYU in Boise this weekend.
- Georgia – Gotta love playing MCLA lacrosse for an SEC school. Most of these teams got to embrace spring break. The Dawgs are back in action this week with an SELC Divisional game against ‘Bama. A rematch of the College Football Playoff Championship Game.
- UCONN– Huskies aren’t penalized by not playing a game. Their 3-0 start is put to the test this weekend when they play three games in three days (Liberty, Pitt, and Central Michigan) in Delaware.
- Clemson – Tigers move up in the polls following Oregon’s two losses this week. They continue their midseason hiatus this week before they take on Illinois State and Vandy next weekend.
Others considered (no particular order): Arizona State, California, Florida, Oregon, Oregon State, UCSB
0 comments on “QuickStick MCLA Top 20 Poll – March 19th”