It was an exciting week in the MCLA. Here is this week’s QuickStick Top 20 Poll:
- California – Kings stay kings. Two easy wins this past week and a week of preparation leading up to their Friday showdown against VaTech, who just beat the brains out of Stanford.
- Georgia Tech – Buzz Buzz! The space camp heroes continue to win. A dominant performance against FSU was followed up with a nail-biter against UCONN but a win is a win. The Jackets welcome Buffalo to town this weekend.
- Concordia-Irvine – When you recruit like a varsity program, you should play like one. Thankfully CUI is living up to those expectations. A big-time W over MSU yesterday.
- Liberty – So the Flames pretty much derailed the WVU bandwagon and also blew out Davenport. All in good preparation for their game tonight against Michigan State.
- Arizona State – It’s safe to say the Sun Devils are back. They got another quality win this past week beating BYU relatively handily.
- Chapman – It was tough not to bump these fellas into the Top 5 following their win vs South Carolina but it’s the 6 spot for now. They travel up to Cal Poly this weekend.
- South Carolina – Traveling cross country and playing Chapman isn’t an easy task. The ‘Cocks fell 15-10. They play UCSB tonight and BYU tomorrow as they wrap up their SB2K19 trip.
- Boston College – Can’t penalize a team for not playing.
- Virginia Tech – Boy did these guys bounce back after their loss to South Carolina. 21-5 drubbing of Stanford, in Palo Alto. SB2K19 continues for the Hokies with Cal Poly tonight and the Cal on Friday.
- Colorado – The Buffs welcomes a nice group of southern gents and sent them packing. It’s an off week for the Buffs. Great time to rest up (likely SB) before they play Chapman on the 22nd.
- Cal Poly – A dominant win against a good Santa Clara squad sets these guys up for a tough week ahead.
- BYU – Perhaps the toughest team to figure out. A loss to ASU midweek but bounced back beating GCU. We’ll see how the Fighting Jordan Harrises do this week against South Carolina and Arizona.
- Grand Canyon – Another team that’s tough to figure out. Judgement day looms ahead with CUI this Saturday.
- Arizona – After an incredible Cali trip, the LaxCats are back in the Poll. Most impressive takeaway was their W over Michigan State.
- Michigan State – Cal-i-fornia! Not cool to the Spartans! Sparty is now 2-3 on the year but a chance to right the ship tonight, at home against Liberty.
- New Hampshire – Welcome to the 2019 SZN UNH! The ‘Cats beat the sh*t outa our boys at Elon (I picked UNH) and followed it up with an impressive, come from behind win against Clemson.
- UCONN – These Huskies will fight. In their first games of the season they gave VaTech and Liberty all they could handle. Then followed it up with another trip south. Impressive win over FSU and had a chance to tie the game vs GaTech.
- Clemson – The MCLA lifers say in order to prove yourself, go West. Clemson did that and played tough against Colorado and got a win over Colorado State. A tough loss to UNH last night but UNH appears to be for real.
- Georgia – Can’t penalize a team for not playing.
- Texas A&M – Can’t penalize a team for not playing.
Others considered: Oregon, Northeastern, Minnesota, Florida State
0 comments on “QuickStick MCLA Top 20 Poll – 3.13.19”